Investment Associate @ Emerge
We have a rare opening on our core team for an Investment Associate.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. This is an opportunity for us to bring in a different perspective and we’re eager to further diversify our company.
👋 About Emerge
Emerge is a community-powered seed fund, home to practical guidance for founders building the future of learning and work. At Emerge, our purpose is to democratise access to opportunity. That’s why we invest in companies that use innovation and technology to bridge the divide between the people who need access to opportunities to acquire skills — and industry that needs access to skilled workers.
This is an extremely exciting time to join the team, having just launched our Fund II. You will be an integral part of building an exceptional portfolio of companies defining the future of learning and work. Our investment focus - now and in the future - is on first checks, where we know a market specialist fund like us can make the biggest difference on a company's journey.
Emerge invested at pre-seed in game-changing companies like Engageli (raised a $33m Series A), Yoto (raised a $17m Series A) and Unibuddy (raised a $20m Series B). Emerge has a portfolio of 73 companies that have collectively raised over $500m and achieved a combined market cap of over $1.5bn.
🌳 About the Role
As Investment Associate, your mission is to source and build relationships with outstanding founders at the earliest stages of company creation. You will work closely with the Partners and be responsible for:
- Meeting early-stage edtech founders and creating initial assessments of opportunities
- Fully running and optimising one of our key deal flow channels
- Building out our deal flow referral network
- Engaging in research to continuously develop our investment theses
- Supporting the creation of investment memos for the investment committee
- Supporting initiatives that create value for our portfolio companies
- Tracking progress of portfolio companies
We are a small team (three Partners, one Investment Associate and the Head of Platform), working in an agile way and with extreme focus. You will have a well-defined development plan with in-built career progression toward a more senior investment role at Emerge.
🌟 About You
Emerge is a remote-first company. We have an office in London and meet in person weekly.
How you think
- Passion for education and likely a strong personal reason to work on improving education, just like us
- Fascinated with startup business models, investing and the future
- Highly analytical and high intellectual horsepower
- Competitive and hungry for a real challenge
How you work
- Strong relationship builder able to engage with founders, limited partners and co-investors
- Resourceful and used to working in a fast-moving environment with limited structure
- Gift for explaining complex concepts elegantly and persuasively
- You don't miss deadlines or make avoidable mistakes
What you have done
- 2 years experience in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting or an edtech startup
- Located in or willing to move Greater London area
- Spanish/French language skills
- Research and writing skills
🚀 Benefits & Compensation
We work hard, but allow each team member to choose their own hours and provide unlimited holidays. Emerge also offers private health insurance, participates in the cycle to work scheme, and provides both a home office budget and a continuous development budget to each team member.
The compensation for this role is competitive, based on experience.
🤞 How to Apply
Please submit your LinkedIn profile and 150 words on why you’re a great fit for this role here:
super-embed: <button data-tf-slider="RMdmZQBk" data-tf-position="right" data-tf-button-color="#FF3DA4" style="all:unset;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;display:inline-block;max-width:100%;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;text-overflow:ellipsis;background-color:#FF3DA4;color:#FFFFFF;font-size:20px;border-radius:5px;padding:0 33px;font-weight:bold;height:50px;cursor:pointer;line-height:50px;text-align:center;margin:0;text-decoration:none;">Apply</button>
This is a demanding process and a unique opportunity. Thank you for considering this role - we're excited to meet you.